Sensational Finds: Reinvent Your Style With Me

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Reinvent Your Style With Me

I'm sure most of you can agree with me that over the years your body has changed. No matter if it's from not watching what you eat, exercising less or like me. having a baby. I'm down to my postpartum weight but the shape of my body is different. I've always just accepted the way I looked, but I can see myself starting to get a little self conscious and wanting to cover up a bit more. Lord knows, no one wants to see a mom prancing around with a baby in daisy dukes. So this has inspired me to create a new wardrobe I've decided to call "mom-chic". It's casual, put together, comfortable, and trendy. I'm loving reinventing my style, it's so fun and I've started to open my eyes to clothes I might not have looked at before. I think style should be effortlessly put together, you don't have to have a ton of money to look good. I always feel so much better when I can take a little extra time, and get ready.
I've put together a 3 examples of my "mom-chic" style for you. H&M has an awesome feature on their website, you pick a model then dress them in different clothes, accessories, shoes, even hair styles. It's like those paper dolls you used to dress up in paper clothes, but way more fun. Once you completed the outfit, they give you the break down of what everything cost plus a total. H&M has great prices and they always have trendy clothing that fits well. Here's the link if you wanna try it out.

New Look
Look #1- This is a great outfit I would call casual-dressy. You can wear it out day or night, and will be comfortable and cute. The top is lightweight blouse with a cinched waist. The belt is a braided leather, which gives the top a polished look.  I added a knit cardigan with a shawl collar over the blouse. The cardigan can be worn with so many different outfits, you'll get a ton of use out of it. The jeans are a slim-fit black waxed denim, they have a little sheen to them, and aren't a flat black, which can look retro. Shoes are an imitation suede ballet flat, they are a great go-to shoe. They have a bow detail on the front, which gives a feminine touch. I just added a short gold pendant necklace.
New Look
Look #2- Denim fitted shirt with a white tank underneath. The pants are a khaki green slim cargo pant. These are a great casual pant that can be worn with heel or flats. I added an imitation leather lace up boot with a small rubber heel. The heel is perfect for everyday wear, you don't have to worry about your feet hurting at the end of the day. The accessories are a great bracelet combo that comes with 3 different bracelets that you wear together. I love these and love the way they look.
New Look
Look #3- Light beige knit sweater with a white tank underneath for layering. I always have a tank or cami on underneath my tops. It gives your shirts a little more length and I like that. I paired it with dark wash 5 pocket straight-cut denim jean, I accessorized with a fine knit tube scarf in light putty. It's perfect for running errands, play dates, or a casual day at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment