Sensational Finds: Easy At-Home Gel Manicure- Using Gelous Nail Gel Coat

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Easy At-Home Gel Manicure- Using Gelous Nail Gel Coat


Want to see how to apply 'Gelous' Nail Gel to achieve a long wearing Gel Manicure at home for under $6.

This video will show you a step by step tutorial on how I do my gel manicure to achieve no chipping for at leased 5 days! This video  is new  but the post is a year old. I've continued to use this product religiously!

 I'm giving away 1 Gelous which ends 10/09/2014 go to my Youtube video for full details!

This is an older blogpost but I have just recently made a video showing how I apply 'Gelous'. Click HERE to go directly to my YouTUBE channel or HERE to go the new blogpost.
I am still using this product and still highly recommend it. but its important to follow the steps as shown in the video.


Hi Friends! I've found an amazing product that can give you the appearance of a DIY at-home gel manicure. You need 2 products you probably already have plus the Gelous Advanced Nail Gel Coat. In a few simple steps you can have thick, shiny nails that will last longer then just painting you nails. The best part is, it only cost a few bucks!

Gelous Advanced Nail Gel Coat is avail at Sally's Beauty Supply or Amazon
 I kinda have a small obsession for painting my nails. This obsession comes from the issue I have with chipped polish. The minute my polish chips, I'm either peeling it off or I'll just remove it all together. I've tried different top coats, but nothing can stand up to the life of a Stay at Home Mom. I wash my hands daily, clean every day, and tend to be a little rough on my hands. 




 I found this tutorial on Pinterest and knew I had to give it a try. 

What you need:
  • Nail File and buffer 
  • Any nail color you want
  • A Shiny Top Coat (I used Seche Vite which worked amazing because it dries hella fast) 
  • Gelous Advanced Nail Gel Coat ($5.99 at Sally's Beauty Supply)

Prep Your Nails:
  •   First Buff and File your clean non-painted nails, be sure to remove any ridges or rough edges.
  •  Then take a cotton ball with nail polish remover and remove ALL dust and dirt left from buffing 

Step by Step Instructions:

1) Apply two thin layers of the Gelous Nail Gel to your nails, allowing a couple minutes in between to dry a little bit. After applying your second coat, allow the gel to set. I waited about 3 minutes.


2) Next, apply a layer of your nail color and allow to dry (about 5 minutes)


3) Apply another layer of Gelous Nail Gel on top of your nail color and allow it to set for about 2 minutes so that it's semi-dry. Make sure that the ends of your nails are sealed by swiping the brush over top. This will ensure you won't see a single chip for the entire duration of your gel manicure.


4) Apply a second layer of nail color.


5) Finish it off with your choice of top coat. Stick with a fast drying top coat with high shine for the best results.


Tips and Tricks
  • If you need more then 2 coats of nail polish, then after step 4, repeat step 3 and 4 before moving on to step 5 (applying top coat)
  •  If you apply a thicker coat of Gelous Nail Gel then the end result will be a thicker manicure. A thinner layer will give you a thinner manicure.
Ummm Yeah... Please excuse my gross cuticles, there a hot mess!

The Gelous Nail Gel is a great option if you need a heavy duty manicure, that doesn't chip the next day. I love how thick and shiny my nails look, and even after a full day of caring for kids my nails still look great! I hope to get a weeks wear from it, which I think is ideal. I'm just not sure how annoying it will be to remove, I'm sure nothing a little Acetone cant handle


Thanks For Reading

3 comments:

  1. I recently buyed the gelous nail gel , a girl in the store told me that this is a well kept secret from the seller's ,because is cheaper than the gel polish uv and i was looking for some pic's about the results and this lead me to your page.

    your results are beatiful :) i definitely will make her nails to my mom too :)

    Thanks

    Regards from México :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks awesome...Can't wait to try it :)

    Thank you from Canada !

    ReplyDelete
  3. amazing post about manicure. Thanks for sharing.

    Thanks. J Thomson

    ReplyDelete