Hi Friends! I've found an amazing product that can give you the appearance of a DIY at-home gel manicure. You need 2 products you probably already have plus the Gelous Advanced Nail Gel Coat. In a few simple steps you can have thick, shiny nails that will last longer then just painting you nails. The best part is, it only cost a few bucks!
I kinda have a small obsession for painting my nails. This obsession comes from the issue I have with chipped polish. The minute my polish chips, I'm either peeling it off or I'll just remove it all together. I've tried different top coats, but nothing can stand up to the life of a Stay at Home Mom. I wash my hands daily, clean every day, and tend to be a little rough on my hands.
I found this tutorial on Pinterest and knew I had to give it a try.
What you need:
- Nail File and buffer
- Any nail color you want
- A Shiny Top Coat (I used Seche Vite which worked amazing because it dries hella fast)
- Gelous Advanced Nail Gel Coat ($5.99 at Sally's Beauty Supply)
Prep Your Nails:
- First Buff and File your clean non-painted nails, be sure to remove any ridges or rough edges.
- Then take a cotton ball with nail polish remover and remove ALL dust and dirt left from buffing
Step by Step Instructions:
1) Apply two thin layers of the Gelous Nail Gel to your nails, allowing a couple minutes in between to dry a little bit. After applying your second coat, allow the gel to set. I waited about 3 minutes.
2) Next, apply a layer of your nail color and allow to dry (about 5 minutes)
3) Apply another layer of Gelous Nail Gel on top of your nail color and allow it to set for about 2 minutes so that it's semi-dry. Make sure that the ends of your nails are sealed by swiping the brush over top. This will ensure you won't see a single chip for the entire duration of your gel manicure.
4) Apply a second layer of nail color.
5) Finish it off with your choice of top coat. Stick with a fast drying top coat with high shine for the best results.
Tips and Tricks:
- If you need more then 2 coats of nail polish, then after step 4, repeat step 3 and 4 before moving on to step 5 (applying top coat)
- If you apply a thicker coat of Gelous Nail Gel then the end result will be a thicker manicure. A thinner layer will give you a thinner manicure.
|Ummm Yeah... Please excuse my gross cuticles, there a hot mess!|
The Gelous Nail Gel is a great option if you need a heavy duty manicure, that doesn't chip the next day. I love how thick and shiny my nails look, and even after a full day of caring for kids my nails still look great! I hope to get a weeks wear from it, which I think is ideal. I'm just not sure how annoying it will be to remove, I'm sure nothing a little Acetone cant handle
Thanks For Reading