Sensational Finds: New Drugstore Makeup Review!!!

Monday, February 20, 2012

New Drugstore Makeup Review!!!

Right now there's a lot of talk about drugstore make-up products. I want to give you my thoughts on the ones I've brought. I first want to say that I've tried all different make-up brands,  but always liked higher end makeup. Not because I'm a make up snob, just because the color payoff was a lot better. Over the past couple months drugstore make up brands have come out with a bunch of new products. The ones that I've tried I've surprisingly loved.

1. Revlon Lip Butters- They are a mix between a lipstick, lip gloss, and chapstick. They glide on so smooth and feel super light. The color payoff for some can be too sheer, but Red Velvet is amazing. It's a dark red that's amazing.

2. Maybelline Color Tattoos 24hr Cream Gel Eyeshadow- This product is comparable to the MAC paint pots, which I know a ton of people use. It's an eyeshadow that can be worn as a base or by it's self. I absolutely love my MAC paint pot in Soft Ochre. But I was very surprised at how well these worked. I only used Tough as Taupe, it worked as a great base, went on smoothly, and lasted all day. They did come out with some bright colors, which aren't my style, but would be great for some bright eye looks. I will be buying more of these.


3. Maybelline Age Rewind Concealer- For a drugstore concealer it's okay, but I do think it tends to fade as the day goes on. It glides on nicely, and the coverage is OK.I don't think this is something I would re buy. I have pretty dark circles some days, so I basically need paint!

Add caption











4. Loreal Colour Balm- I only tried one color and ended up returning it. These lipsticks have the same concept as the Lip Butters, with none of the color payoff. I was underwhelmed to say the least. The color was nude, but barely showed up on my lips. I would not re-buy this product at all.

I also want to share two drugstore foundations that are new but I love and highly recommend. Maybelline Fit Foundation and Dream Mousse Liquid are two of the best foundations I've found. I've re brought both of these and couldn't be happier with the way my skin looks when I wear them. The Fit Foundation gives your skin a dewy finish with a lighter coverage. The Dream Liquid Mousse is a heavier foundation but gives  the best coverage. I've had girls tell me how nice my skin looks when I have this on. I truly believe these two foundations are great foundations, drugstore or not.



I hope you all had an amazing weekend! I sure did!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment