Sensational Finds: Trend Alert Tuesday: Makeup Setting Spray!

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Trend Alert Tuesday: Makeup Setting Spray!




Hi Friends! I hope you had an amazing weekend, I got to see my sister and her family. It was really nice. This weeks Trend Alert Tuesday is Makeup Setting Sprays! I decided to talk about make up setting sprays because this weekend I brought Urban Decay All Nighter Long Lasting Setting Spray. The reason I tried it was, throughout my day my under eye concealer tends to settle in my creases. I wanted something that would set my foundation and concealer, I asked the sales person for a sample of the Makeup Forever HD Setting Powder, and of course he convinced me to get the setting spray. I heard so many great reviews on it, so I decided to get it. I have tried others a couple other brands so I want to share my thoughts on all of them. Every one's skin is different, I have oily skin, so what might work for me might not work for you!




Urban Decay All Nighter $29.00- This product has a ton for positive reviews so I was pretty excited to try it. Sadly I felt like it did nothing, except give my skin a refreshed feeling. My under eye concealer still creased and my make up looked no different then it normally would. They do have version that for oily skin, and perhaps I should have tried that one, but for $29.00 I was not satisfied at all. I wear a MAC Prep and Prime which helps my  makeup stay on all day, so the UD didn't do anything special. Maybe if you don't wear a primer this product would do what the primer does. Who knows! All I know is, I took it back and got my $29.00 back!




MAC Fix Plus $19.00- I would highly recommend this setting spray. This is such a versatile product and can be used in a number of different ways. It can be used as a mixing medium, if you have wet to dry shadows you can spray this on your brush in place of water. The other use would be a setting spray. If your using powder products, you can tend to have that powdery look. (I have this issue on my forehead.) If you spray this on you face it can help reduce the powdery appearance, leaving your skin radiant and dewy. This is a good product to have on hand.




Evian Facial Spray $19.00 for a set of 3- This product is very similar to the MAC Fix Plus, except cheaper. It has multiple uses, it can set your makeup and give a radiant look to your skin, it refreshes, and is a mixing medium for pigments and shadows. If you don’t want to spend the money on the MAC product, go for this one. Evian Facial Spray is said to remove perspiration and harmful salt and chlorine, as well as re hydrates sun-burn. This is for sure going to be a staple in my beach/pool bag! They even have travel sizes, so you can keep one in your purse. When you feel sweaty and gross, this is the perfect refresher. I wet my foundation brush with this spray when I want a more sheer coverage. You can take your normal full coverage foundation, and make it lighter just by moistening your brush with this facial spray. This is great for the hot summer months when a face full of foundation just isn't practical.


I hope you guys try one of these setting sprays in the warmer months to come. If you have any suggestions on something I didn't mention please leave it in the comments below! Thanks ladies!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the tips and thanks for sharing over at The Winthrop Chronicles!

    ReplyDelete