Sensational Finds: DIY CUPCAKE STAND plus MORE!

Monday, February 6, 2012

DIY CUPCAKE STAND plus MORE!

Hi everyone! I hope you had an amazing weekend, because I sure did. I wanted to share 2 projects I've done recently. I saw a couple blog posts where they were making their own cupcake stands, and  decided to give it a whirl! If you want the full tutorial the link will be here. If not, here's the cliffs note version. To start off you will need: 
2 large dinner plates (I choice square just because they were red, most people use round. Either one will work)
1 appetizer size plate
2 candle stick holders (1 long & 1 shorter)
Acrylic paint
Strong adhesive

What I did was first paint the candle sticks. Once they're dry take your adhesive and apply a moderate amount to the bottom of the candle stick. Place that same end with the adhesive onto the center of the large dinner plate. I used the longer candle stick on the bottom section and the shorter on the top section. You'll need to allow time for the adhesive to dry, but once it's completely dry your good to go!



I also took this old doctor office picture that was so graciously give to me, and revamped it. If you haven’t guessed by now, I’m kind of obsessed with chevron print. I had to completely take it apart the frame, which was a little annoying, but once it was done, I was really happy. For now I have it in the living room, but I’m not too sure how I like it there. Oh! The curtains are also part of my DIY weekend. I wish I could’ve hung them higher but the ceiling drops down on the one side and I wouldn’t figure out how I could do it. So if anyone knows a way, please let a girl know!

That’s all I have to share! Tomorrow is B’s birthday and then Saturday is his party so I will be sure to have all the details to share.
                                              I hope you all have an amazing Monday!

2 comments:

  1. These look great! Thank you for the kind comment on my blog. I'm your newest follower! If you get a chance, I'd love it, if you could follow me back. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely will have to try this! I love to make cupcakes, so I need a place to put them all! I would love for you to share this at my link party!
    http://thewinthropchronicles.blogspot.com/2012/03/share-it-link-party-1.html

    ReplyDelete