Sensational Finds: Smart and Sassy Keys!

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Smart and Sassy Keys!



Hi Friends! I hope your having an amazing weekend. I want to share a little project that's quick but cute. I'm always confused by all the different keys I have on my key ring, and of course I could buy one of those colored thing, but that's boring! I saw this on Pinterest, and had to do it. Adding glitter to your keys is a great way to tell the difference between keys, while looking girly and cute. Smart and Sassy!  I love glitter, like who doesn't?!?



Here's what I used;
Glitter Glue ($1.00 at Joanne's Fabric)
Glitter ($1.00 at Joanne's)
Clear nail polish
Your key



Take the glitter glue and outline the top of the key. The more glue you use, the clumpier it will look, so try not to use too much.


This is what it will look with the glitter glue. You could always stop here, but I wanted more glitter!


While the glue is wet, dip it into the glitter. You might have to do the entire top of the key. Make sure to shake off the excess.


Tada! You have a blinged out key. Your going to repeat the same steps for the opposite side. The last add clear nail polish to both sides. This will help keep the glitter in place.


Here's how silver and gold look. I really like the gold key!
::note to self:: Paint my nail tonight, my nails are a hot mess lol






If you want to see where I got my Pinspiration click here. I'm off to finish my cleaning because tomorrow we're taking B to the zoo for the first time. It's supposed to be in the 80's, so it should be a great day. Anyone doing anything this weekend? Regardless have a great day, and thanks for reading!

I'm giving away a $50.00 Amazon gift card on the 5minutesformom blog party so make sure you go enter and follow me on twitter @Sensation_Finds to hear the winner!


9 comments:

  1. love the idea!

    xxx maruschka
    www.girlmeetsaccessories.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Visiting you from #UBP12 ! Nice blog! Your son is ADORABLE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a fun idea! I would love to have you come link up this wonderful post to Sunday Round Up http://www.kaylascreationsblog.com/2012/04/sunday-round-up-5.html Have a wonderful week!
    -Kayla :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh those are cute! I am ALL about the glitter, wherever possible (just ask my husband - he learned very early in our relationship to expect glitter on and all around me, haha). Finishing them off with a few coats of clear nail polish is perfect for keeping the glitter on. :) Maybe use a glittery nail polish for extra bling? LOL.

    P.S. Would you be interested in blogging about EdenFantasys.com in exchange for a $25 gift card? No explicit content required, and the site has a lot of bath, body, and beauty products. If this would interest you, shoot an email to jenn@edenfantasys.com. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not much of a glitter girl myself, but I have to admit, those are eye catching and very clever! Thanks for sharing it and I saw you at NY Melrose Family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun idea! I love this! I wonder how much glitter would end up at the bottom of my purse...

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute! I definitely need to give this a try. My daughter will love it! Thanks so much for sharing at Whimsy Wednesdays at The NY Melrose Family .

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay! I won the gift card- did you announce it on twitter? Can't wait to order some goodies for my 11 month-old :) Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete