Sensational Finds: A Mixed Chicks Daily Hair Care Products

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

A Mixed Chicks Daily Hair Care Products



2012-05-29191328




Hi Friends! Today I'm showing you the products use I to get straight healthy hair. Being bi-racial has many ups and downs. For me growing up in an all white household, hair maintenance was a huge issue. My mom never knew how to do my hair. I can remember her asking a women at our church, who was black, to please help her with my hair. I laugh now thinking back to that time but it wasn't fun having wild hair as a little girl. My hair is course and thick. A lot of the mixed ladies I know have really tight curls, my isn't curly, just course.


I wash my hair every 1-2 weeks. Washing your hair too much washes away the oils your hair needs. I've fallen in love with the Garnier Fructis Sleek and Shine Shampoo and Conditioner. The Sleek and Shine Shampoo smells nice and leaves my hair feeling clean. I like my hair to be straight but still have volume. I don’t like my hair to look super straight. I used the Head and Shoulders Sleek Shampoo and Conditioner and it made my hair way too flat for my liking. This shampoo is great and I'll be using it for a while.






Luster’s Pink Lotion is something that I’ve used ever since I was little. I do rotate between this and the Olive Oil Lotion, I kind of like the Olive Oil product more. I use this every time to straighten my hair. I wash then blow dry my hair. Then I’ll apply this to each section of hair before I use the flat iron. It helps to smooth out any frizz and makes your hair straight. It can be oily so if you don’t have ethnic hair I would say use with caution. 





Olive Oil Oil Sheen- After my hair is straightened and styled the way that I want it, I spray this over my entire hair. It leaves my hair looking shiny and healthy. I don’t use it every day, only when I do my hair after I wash it. But you could use it every day if you wanted.
any frizz and makes your hair straight. I can be oily so if you don’t have ethnic hair I would say use with caution.






Flat Iron- This is a must for anyone! The more expensive the flat iron, the hotter it gets, and the better it will work. If you have mixed hair like me, you really need a straighter to get to 400 degrees or higher. I’ve had this one forever and really like it.



Other important things you’ll need:
Clips- These types of clips are great. They hold your hair when you’re straightening, but also great to pull your hair up without messing it up. You can find them at Sally’s Beauty Supply.

A comb is important for getting all of the knots out. You can use a brush in between, but when washing your hair you need a comb.

I like these soft curlers that I brought from Rite Aid. I don’t use them all the time, but when I do it makes doing my hair in the morning really easy. I sleep with them in and then in the morning just take them out and my hairs curled.




Also you should try to wrap your hair every night in a scarf. I don’t have one pictured, but I try to use it every night. This helps keep your hair straight and you won’t sweat it out at night time. If I don’t use mine at night, you can see how frizzy my hair get the next morning. Then I’ll have to wash it sooner, so it’s annoying when I forget. All I do it bobby pin the curls to my head, then tie the scarf. Simple!

I plan on doing another post showing start to finish how I do my hair. This post is just to show you the products I use and what works best for me. If you have any questions please leave them in the comments!


** I was sent the Garnier Fructis Sleek and Shine shampoo and conditioner to review because I am a BzzAgent. All the opinions mentioned are 100% honest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment