Sensational Finds: Story Time, Little Gym, and more!

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Story Time, Little Gym, and more!

Becoming a mom is one of the most rewarding things I have ever done in my life. It can be so hard, everyday you have to wake up and care for this little person. I'm trying to build a routine for our everyday lives, and I'm not one to follow a routine. The past 5 months have flown by, so I know that the next 7 months are going to quickly approaching. I've decided to start filling my weeks with different activities for Baby B and I. So I jumped online and started doing my research. This has become one of my favorite things to do. I love researching different places, stores, toys, and things like that online. It's mostly stuff for the baby, but it makes me so excited! Anyway, back to my point. So I found a few things I wanted to try and that's what we spent the last week doing. Monday we went to Barnes and Noble and had Story Time. They read about 4 or 5 books and at the end gave a coloring sheet. Bobby had such a great time, he loves to stare at different kids. I think he did more staring then listening, but that was fine with me. We colored a picture, that now hangs on our fridge. It was great to have him be around other kids. We have another Story and Music time tomorrow, which I'm really excited about. They say you get to dance around to different kids music, so I know he'll enjoy that. Today we went to the Little Gym for their Bug class. It was babies from 4-10 months old. OMG! He had a blast! I wasn't able to take any pictures because I was doing the activities with him, but I wish I could have. He was smiling at everyone. The room was filled with padded mats, balance beams, uneven bars, balls, and more. They sang different songs, and had the babies doing different exercises. It really was an awesome time, and I'm definitely considering signing Baby B up for the rest of the summer classes. It's a bit pricey, and a little out of the way, but I think it would be really worth it. We had plans to go to the farmers market today, but it was so hot outside. I think it reached 100 degrees. I know it's probably hot everywhere. B ended up falling asleep as soon as we got in the car. Poor little guy was pooped! So we came home, and stayed in the cool air conditioned house. I'm glad that I decided to try these different activities out, and plan on doing ]things weekly. It's so important to have Bobby socialize with other people, and not just me all day.

Here are some pictures from story time, and a couple shots I took the other day. B is able to sit up by  himself for a while, or until he gets distracted. I can sit him on the floor and he will stay sitting up for at least a couple minutes. I'm so proud of him XoXo







No comments:

Post a Comment