Sensational Finds: What I've learned from my 1st year of motherhood!

Monday, February 27, 2012

What I've learned from my 1st year of motherhood!




Every post I write I always want to start off by saying "So...", I have no clue why. Anyway, since Baby B has survived his first year with me as his mother I thought it's only right to share what I've learned over the past year. I have grown into someone I've always wanted to be... A mother! There are days when I feel like I have no clue what's going on, but for the most part I feel like a mother. I have my handsome boy to thank because he's bring out the best in me! 


Now to what I've learned from my 1st year of motherhood....


Breastfeeding is hard! It's not something that come natural for all babies. It's okay if your baby won't breastfeed, formula is a great alternative. It won't kill them or make then prone to being sick, I promise. B is as health as they come!


You will never know the feeling of tired until you've survived the first year. It's normal to feel like a walking zombie all day. I remember before having B I used to have to take sleeping pills to fall asleep. Now I can fall asleep the minute my head hits the pillow, and that's usually at 10 o'clock every night.


Being paranoid in the car has become normal. The roads have become the war zone, and I'm carrying precious cargo. I'm ready to honk my horn and flick you off, at all times. People driving make me very nervous.


It's normal to constantly to compare your kid to other kids their age. Regardless if you realize it or not, your doing it. We all want our kid to be the best, it's just human nature. Right?!?


Alone time is amazing. I love being able to put B to bed, and have a couple hours to myself, regardless if I spend them on Pintrest, I'm still alone doing it.


I've learned the meaning of true love.


It's important to have your little one to be eating health meals, while you have snickers and ice cream for dinner. 


I have more fun chasing my kid around the house yelling like a crazy person, then I think he does.
You will always feel like you could be doing more for them. That I don't think will ever change.


Making it work with your significant other is harder then I could have imagined. Now you get to see people true colors. You never know how people act under stress. But building a health relationship is just as important as building a healthy child.


You will have a different type of love for significant, that's forever.


I never cared too much for advice while I was pregnant, but I find myself giving women that are pregnant advice. I hate being "that" person.


You will always feel like you could be doing more. Spending more time with them, playing more, reading, more, cleaning more, feeding them better, teaching them more. I've learned that since I can't be there all day with him, to make the most out of the time I do spend with him. This has helped me a ton!


I have this incredible little boy, that thinks I'm hilarious, sees me as his protector, needs me for consoling, looks to me for reassurance, and loves me unconditionally. 


There you have it, I hope that wasn't too long! I would love for you to share what you've learned your 1st year of motherhood. And if you not a mama yet share what you've learned this past year! Thanks for reading and please FOLLOW me! he he



1 comment:

  1. Hey, just stumbled across your blog and have been scrolling through.
    Listen, if you're freaked out in the car then you should most definitely turn your precious son back to rear facing with a super tight, proper installation. He will be 5 times safer that way. More specifically, in the even of an accident, he will be 5 times less likely to die if he's rear facing.
    The US recommendations have changed recently so i encourage you to look into them.
    My son is 2.5 and almost 30 lbs and still happily and safely rear facing.

    ReplyDelete