Sensational Finds: DIY Make Up Tips- Using Eyeshadow as Lip Color

Saturday, December 29, 2012

DIY Make Up Tips- Using Eyeshadow as Lip Color


Using eyeshadow to create a new lip color, is just one way you can interchange make up products. Some make up artist do this trick so they save space in their kit. Make Up is a medium which can be used in a number of different ways. Using clear lip gloss, Vaseline, or chap stick along with any eyeshadow you can create your own DIY Lipstick.

I've been experimenting with differeng color using the Coastal Scents 88 Palette. This palette is available on Amazon, but you can use any palette or colors you want. Ulta and Sephora always have a wide selection of palettes and colors. I feel like when I use eyeshadow on my lips it helps the color to stay on longer and make it more opaque. I think I'm going to try to use a L'orel Infalliable Eyeshadow since they have 24hr staying power, I'm curious to see how well they last on the lip.




Here are the steps and some tips!
- Make sure the your lips are hydrated. The powder will make any dry skin appear even dryer, and that is not cute... I know from experience.
- Apply a concealer or foundation over your entire lip. This will help the color to show up and last longer.
- Use a lip brush to get a precise outline. If you don't have a lip brush you can use a clean angled brush.
- I just use my brush or finger directly in the shadow, then apply it to my lip. I think apply the clear gloss to my finger and blend the color together.
- But you could also scrape the shadow off and onto a clean surface, then mix it with the clear gloss until you achieve the desire shade.
- You can try dabbing a small amount of gloss to the center of lips to make your lips appear larger.
- Go bold! You can see what looks good on you and what doesn't, withoutthe risk wasting money.

That's exactly what I did when I saw MAC Rebel. I was intrigued my the purplish tone, but wasn't sure if it would work on me. Once I created a purplish lip color, I loved it. I've went out and got Rebel and I LOVE IT but it's just as easy to use eyeshadow to create a close dupe! Here's a side by side.
From everyday to over the top, you can create a long lasting lip color using eyeshadow you might already have. Just because it's sold as a certain product does not mean it's limited to just that!
****Be sure to enter the $25 Amazon Instant Gift Card giveaway! It ends Jan 1st.****

1 comment:

  1. The blog provided by you is very nice and it is very helpful to know the more information.keep update with your blogs .
    Makeup Studio in Hyderabad
    Best Makeup studio in Hyderabad
    Bridal makeup artists in hyderabad

    ReplyDelete