Sensational Finds: 3 DOLLAR STORE ROOM DECOR DIYS

Thursday, July 30, 2015

3 DOLLAR STORE ROOM DECOR DIYS





Hey Friend! Today's video is all about Dollar Tree diys. If you know me, you know I love me a good DIY project! I share 3 ways to use Dollar store products to make nice room decor pieces. If you've tried any of these projects let me know and share  with me using #sensationalfinds 

If you have joined me on Youtube, please come and join me! We just reached 7k subscribers and it literally makes my life, to be able to connect with so many amazing people. Click here 


This peacock wall art is such a simple diy. If your looking to add to  a gallery wall or just starting out,  this diy is for you! Full directions are in the video. 




How to make the paper flowers: 
  • Tissue paper
  • Wire
  • Florist tape
  • Stapler
  • Wire cutters
  • Scissors
  • Dollar Store flowers that have  medium/light green colored stems and leaves – not dark green stems.  You can even use real tree branches
1. Lay 5 layers of tissue paper cut to 8” x 11” on top of each other. Accordion fold

2. Find center and staple. Then wrap a 5” piece of wire around. Round edges with scissors.
3. Carefully begin to spread out each layer of tissue paper to start forming the flower.
4. Fluff so that most of the petals are to one side, unless you want to make pom-pom flowers to hang.
6. I poked the tip into the center of the tissue paper flower and then wrapped the wire around the stem to secure. You could also bend the tip of the fake flower stem to create a hook to wrap the flower and the wire around. I did a few each way. Cover the wire with florist tape.




The flower led lights is the last of the DIY's. This battery operated string of lights can be used just about anywhere in your house. The steps are so simple and I explain in the video. 

No comments:

Post a Comment